Dental bonding at our Richmond, VA, practice is a cosmetic procedure performed to close spaces between teeth and mask minor damage and discoloration. During your dental bonding appointment, Dr. Crockett will use tooth-colored composite resin that will blend seamlessly with your smile. The procedure can be completed in as little as one office visit. The length of the procedure will depend on how many teeth are being bonded, but in most cases the process takes about 30 minutes per tooth. At Davey Crockett Dentistry, Dr. Crockett is meticulous in his process to generate optimal results and will provide the necessary guidance to extend the effects of treatment.
What Conditions Can Bonding Treat?
Compared to dental crowns and porcelain veneers, dental bonding is a more affordable approach to concealing minor to moderate cosmetic concerns. This treatment uses durable, natural-looking composite resin, made of a mixture of glass and plastic particles, to repair, strengthen, and aesthetically improve teeth that are:
- Stained or discolored
- Short and stubby
What Are the Treatment Steps?
Unless tooth decay removal is required, the dental bonding procedure is generally performed without anesthesia. The process can be completed in just five simple steps, and in as little as one office visit:
- Shade Selection: Dr. Crockett will use a shade guide to tint the resin to blend with the natural color of your tooth.
- Tooth Preparation: During this step, tooth decay will be removed, and the tooth will be thoroughly cleaned and dried. A roughening agent is applied to help the composite resin securely adhere to the tooth.
- Application of Bonding Material: Dr. Crockett will apply the putty-like composite resin to the affected tooth, carefully layering and molding it to achieve the desired shape and size.
- Hardening the Resin: Using a safe, special UV light, Dr. Crockett will harden the resin to restore the structural integrity of the tooth.
- Shaping and Polishing: The final step includes trimming excess resin, checking your bite for smooth occlusion, and polishing the tooth to restore its natural sparkle.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is favored by our patients for its ability to conceal a number of cosmetic flaws and deliver quick, cost-effective, and natural-looking results without inhibiting the tooth’s structure. When properly cared for, a bonded tooth usually lasts about ten years.
Dental bonding is an easy way to repair and conceal cosmetic damage and completely transform your smile.
To maintain the results, we recommend following a healthy oral hygiene routine, which includes brushing your teeth two to three times each day, flossing regularly, and visiting Dr. Crockett every six months for a professional cleaning and routine exam.
Enhance Your Smile Today
Dental bonding is an easy way to repair and conceal cosmetic damage and completely transform your smile. Contact Dr. Crockett today to schedule your personal consultation or to learn more about how dental bonding can help enhance your smile.