A full mouth reconstruction at our Richmond, VA, dental practice is a comprehensive process to treat multiple dental issues, such as missing and damaged teeth, using a combination of restorative procedures. At Davey Crockett Dentistry, Dr. Bousaba will work closely with you to understand your goals and create a personalized treatment to suit your needs. With a full mouth reconstruction, Dr. Bousaba can combine multiple treatments into one treatment plan, which will allow him to complete the process in fewer appointments to help save time and money.
Full mouth reconstruction can restore your smile and truly improve your quality of life.
What Conditions Can Reconstruction Correct?
- Missing teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Cracked, chipped, or broken teeth
- Gum disease
- Jaw pain or popping
- Jawbone degeneration
During your consultation, Dr. Bousaba will perform a detailed examination, and will also review your medical history and treatment goals in order to formulate an appropriate plan. The extent of your treatment plan will depend on the amount of dental damage and type of reconstruction required. In designing your customized restorations, he will ensure they restore complete function, but are also cosmetically appealing.
Your Procedure Options
Your full mouth reconstruction could include any combination of the following:
- Dental Implants: These are small titanium posts that are surgically inserted into your jawbone to mimic the natural tooth root. They can hold a single dental crown or an entire implant-supported denture for patients missing an entire row of teeth. Implants offer several benefits over traditional restorative methods.
- Dental Crowns: If you have damage too severe for a tooth-colored filling, a dental crown will cap the tooth and restore it back to its full function. Combined with a dental implant or a dental bridge, it can also replace missing teeth.
- Dental Bridges: If you are missing one or more consecutive teeth, this restoration is designed to help fill in and bridge the gap. A dental bridge will be designed with strong and durable materials to restore dental function and aesthetics, and can be supported by either dental implants, or your remaining teeth and dental crowns.
- Dentures: This restoration can replace an entire arch of teeth on the upper and/or lower jaw. We provide custom-made full, partial, removable, and implant-supported dentures that will be designed to match the natural look and shape of your teeth.
- Bone Grafting: When tooth loss occurs, it can lead to jawbone degeneration. This can cause pain, facial structure issues, and keep you from qualifying for dental implants. Bone grafting takes bone from another area of your body or a donor and helps rebuild healthy jawbone tissue to create a strong foundation for dental implants. The procedure is sometimes combined with sinus lift surgery.
- Orthodontic Treatment: If you suffer from misalignment or malocclusion, we offer Invisalign® to help restore your bite and create a more symmetrical smile. These clear aligner trays are virtually invisible and can be removed for eating and cleaning.
- Bruxism Treatment: Bruxism, also known as jaw clenching and teeth grinding, often occurs while you sleep. It can lead to tooth and jaw pain, as well as cracks and fractures. We provide custom-made night guards to help protect your teeth and prevent further damage. We can also treat related damage, with tooth-colored fillings or dental crowns.